Saturday 28 April 2012

Drawing Up, Drawing Through, Drawing Out.

I like to document my drawings as they emerge.  I may start out with an idea in mind, but more often than not the drawing reveals itself to me.  







It is a mysterious process requiring trust, patience, the ability to listen and the judgement to know when to stop.  











                                                 I am always surprised by what emerges.


I need to be alone and very quiet when I draw so I often work late into the night, when there are few distractions.  



I draw from my body, drawing up images from dreams, memories and sense perceptions.  My way of working is distinctively feminine and intuitive, images seem to come up, through and out of me, onto the page.  When I stand back from a drawing, images reveal themselves to me, as if the drawing has a life of it's own.   







                                                

My drawings communicate to me, like my dreams they are messages from another world, gifts from the unconscious.  



   "Guidance"    Charcoal on Paper 4ftx8ft


No comments:

Post a Comment